Barcelona is the perfect holiday location if you want an exciting city break with plenty of sunshine, beautiful beaches and plenty of exciting attractions to enjoy. Millions of tourists enjoy its long golden beaches, stunning architecture, and beautiful parks every year. It’s always best to be prepared before you travel in order to get the most out of your holiday. Take a look at these helpful tips to help you plan the best break possible.
Choose where to stay
- Gothic Quarter - This is Barcelona’s oldest neighborhood and also considered the most beautiful. It’s the most popular area with tourists and has plenty of great restaurants, bars, and attractions nearby.
- Las Ramblas - Barcelona’s most popular and busiest road! Staying on Las Ramblas means you’ll be right in the center of the action and near all of the city’s main attractions.
- Gracia - This hip village has some of Gaudi's most famous works within easy walking distance. It’s also a lot quieter and less crowded.
- El Born - This area looks similar to the Gothic Quarter, but with a more residential feel and far fewer tourists.
Decide how to get around
Find the best attractions
- La Sagrada Familia - Designed by Antoni Gaudi, this impressive building dominates the city skyline and is one of the world’s most visited basilicas.
- Park Guell - This is a beautiful large park showcasing some of Gaudi’s best work.
- Barcelona Cathedral - An impressive example of gothic architecture that offers amazing photo opportunities.
- The Magic Fountains of Montjuic - The fountain puts on an amazing nightly light, music and water performance that shouldn’t be missed.